Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they govern the use of Martlets Hospice’s website. These terms and conditions take effect from your first visit, and your use of the site means you accept these terms and conditions in full and have read our Privacy Statement.
If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and specific terms appearing elsewhere on this website relating to specific material then the latter shall prevail.
Martlets Hospice reserve the right to change the contents of this website at any time.
Martlets Hospice website has been developed taking every precaution to ensure the information held on this site is accurate in the UK, legally correct and ethical at the time of appearance. Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained on this website, the content provides only general information and must not be used as an alternative to professional advice. We recommend users seek professional advice where appropriate.
So far as is permitted by law Martlets Hospice accepts no liability for loss or damage, including personal injury, resulting from use of this website. While we make all reasonable efforts to ensure no malware or viruses are transmitted via our website, this cannot be guaranteed. We also cannot guarantee access to this website will be uninterrupted
Martlets Hospice will not accept liability from damage caused by viruses and recommends that users safeguard their IT equipment before downloading information.
If you believe the content of these pages to be inaccurate or out of date, please contact us.
Martlets Hospice reserves the right to require links to be removed if we believe it is not in our interest.
We have provided links to other organisations for your reference. We cannot guarantee or be responsible for their content or accessibility. Please read the privacy policies and terms and conditions of these linked websites before using them. Links are not an endorsement.
Using our logos and information
You may not use the Martlets Hospice (and our subsidiary) logos without our permission. Martlets Hospice reserves the right to require materials and logos to be removed if we believe it is not in our interest.
Our downloadable leaflets and brochures, and our web pages can be printed, copied and used for public use, private use, and study or teaching purposes. They may not be used for commercial use, or any other purposes without the specific written consent of Martlets Hospice. These resources also must not be modified in any way should they be printed, downloaded or copied for the above uses.
Please read our Privacy Statement in full to understand the data we collect and how we use it.
Submitting personal information to our website
Martlets will not screen, edit, or review comments before they are published but reserve the right to remove any comments considered to be inappropriate, offensive, or in breach of the terms and conditions at their discretion.
By posting a comment (or any other kind of personal information onto our website e.g. creating a tribute page or fundraising page) you consent that the content does not infringe any intellectual property rights, is not considered unlawful or an invasion of privacy and that comments will not be used to solicit or promote commercial activity/business.
By commenting or creating fundraising or tribute pages you grant Martlets the license to reproduce and edit any of your comments in whichever way they wish.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will collect and store the following data in regards to our website:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your title, name and email address);
information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your title, name, age, address, telephone number, email address and card details);
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts and any peer to peer fundraising pages);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication and any information gathered on a form);
- information relating to any donations you make including your title, name, address, telephone number, email address, which appeal you are supporting and in the case of direct debits the frequency and date of when direct debits will be taken);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
If you make a financial transaction on our website it will be handled through our payment services providers. You can review the providers and their privacy policies here:
Stripe (URL https://stripe.com/gb/privacy)
Paypal (URL https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full)
We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds
Please read our full Privacy Statement to understand more about how we use personal data
Martlets Hospice Limited is a registered Charity in England and Wales (Registration number 802145) and a company limited by guarantee (Registration number 2326410).
Martlets Hospice Trading Company Limited is a company limited by guarantee (Registration number 4557282).
Martlets Care Limited is a company limited by guarantee (Registration number 6250709).
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration number Z338637X).
Group VAT registration number 218597181.
If you have any queries please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us at Martlets Hospice, Wayfield Avenue, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 7ET, or call 01273 747455 between 9am - 5pm weekdays.
Martlets Hospice reserve the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions. You agree to periodically review these terms and conditions to be aware of any such amendments.
Should the revision be unacceptable to you, you agree to stop accessing this site. Your continued use of this website following such notification of any such revision(s) shall be deemed as acceptance of and agreement to abide by all such revisions.