Charitable Trusts and Foundations
Charitable Trusts and Foundations play a vital role in funding our services and our growth.
They support our ongoing work and invest in new services and equipment.
Recent work funded by grants and donations include:
- Our Earthworks allotment project for bereaved men.
- Education programme helping people with end of life care needs who are homeless.
- Virtual wellbeing therapies and coffee mornings for patients and carers.
- New mattresses for our inpatient unit.
- New syringe drivers used by our nurses to give medication to our patients.
- Our Compassionate Neighbours Project delivering support to people at home.
- Work to develop our services for carers.
Focus on Earthworks
It’s something to look forward to, I can forget my thoughts and get stuck in
A grant from Sussex Masonic Charities funded a year’s pilot project offering bereavement support to men working a local allotment. Friendships and support grew over the course of a year and we are now looking to continue and expand the project on our own allotment to run more groups and help more people.
It gives me a space to get away from all the difficulties at home, this is a space for me.
We would like to extend our thanks to all the Charitable Trusts and Foundation who help us. We are especially grateful to those who gave in excess of £1,000 during 2020/21 as follows:
Arundel & Brighton Diocesan Trust
Sir Alec Black's Charity
Card Factory Foundation
Miss Joyce Cater Charitable Trust
Worshipful Company of Cutlers
Derek & Eileen Dodgson Foundation
Friends of Sussex Hospices
Patrick & Helena Frost Foundation
Grand Order Of Lady Ratlings Cup Of Kindness
Thomas J Horne Memorial Trust
Albert Hunt Trust
Michael & Shirley Hunt Charitable Trust
Institute of Our Lady of Mercy
Ernest Kleinwort Charitable Trust
Edgar E Lawley Foundation
Masonic Charitable Foundation
Valerie Emily Munday Day Centre Trust
Kevin Ogle Sarcoma Cancer Trust
Richard Radcliffe Charitable Trust
St James's Place Charitable Foundation
Sandra Charitable Trust
Sussex Masonic Charitable Foundation
Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust